Celebrate culture, music, dance, and community with our weekly powwow nights!
Project by Vyper Team Leads: Marcella Sunshine, Pavel Dejarlais, Nicole Provost
No matter what your background is, you are welcome to come and join in the good medicine and community that comes with our weekly cultural nights! This truly is an event where everyone is welcome to learn, to take risks, and to belong. We start the evening with a prayer, followed by a group meal sponsored by VYPER. The evening consists of games, contests, and dancing, and follows the general outline of a traditional powwow.
Time: Thursdays from 5:00 – 8:30PM.
Location: 3277 Gladwin Road Abbotsford
Dinner served at 5:15
Grand Entry 6:15PM
Dinner provided! Free vendor spots are available!
Come on down and dance your style!
Join our Facebook group for updates!
Info for Vendors
- We offer free vendor spots to all vendors
- You are welcome to come set up beginning at 4:30
- Please contact Marcella Sunshine for more information or to become a vendor at our event!
- Spots are first-come-first-served, and if we run out of vendor spots in the gym, there are additional spots available in the hallway
Info for Drum Groups
- We welcome and appreciate ALL drum groups who attend the cultural nights!
- There is one host drum every week.
- There is a $200 award for the first drum group to show up apart from the host drum
- Drum groups must have minimum 5 members in order to be eligible for the $200 award, but we welcome groups of all sizes to participate
WHAT UP What UP people! TONIGHT is our weekly Pow wow- we only have four left before summer! This is open to …
New: Powwow Dance Classes Join Angie Calhoun & Angel Desjarlais EVERY WEDNESDAY! Jingle & fancy shawl footwork classes. 33130 Bevan Ave, 3:30PM-5:30PM. …
To our beautiful community of Indigenous people & allies, First of all, THANK YOU for being at our cultural night. Thank you …